IMMIGRANT FAMILY RESOURCE PROGRAM
Immigrant Family Resource Program
Immigrant Family Resource Program, former Outreach and Interpretation Program, is a partnership between ICIRR (Illinois Coalition for Immigrants and Refuges Rights), IDHS (Illinois Department of Human Services) and CBO (Community Based Organizations). Polish American Association is one among participating community based organizations. We serve a diverse Polish community throughout Chicago and the metropolitan area. The purpose of is program is to inform those in the Polish community with limited English skills about services and eligibility requirements of IDHS programs:
TANF - Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
AABD - Aid to the Aged, Blind and Disabled
G.A. - General Assistance and T.A. - Temporary Assistance
Medicaid - Medical Assistance
Food Stamps - Link Card which enables families or individuals to purchase food.
PAA offers its clients:
- bi-lingual case counseling services through one-on-one meetings with immigrants and/or immigrant families to determine their needs,
- assist clients in applying for/accessing appropriate programs,
- mediate with IDHS as needed to insure receipt and maintenance of IDHS-administered benefits,
- provide referrals and assistance with accessing other safety net programs for persons not eligible for IDHS-administered benefits,
- assist local IDHS offices with interpretation for their Polish speaking clients.